· The Capitals will practice at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Va.
· Brett Connolly scored his career-high 15th goal of the season. Connolly has earned 21 points (15g, 6a) in 56 games this season and is four points shy of tying his career high in points (2015-16: 25).
· Jakub Vrana tallied an assist and has earned six points (3g, 3a) in 21 games this season.
· Braden Holtby stopped 22 of 24 shots. He has allowed two goals or fewer in 36 of his 54 games this season and has posted a 20-3-3 record in his last 28 games (12/29-3/16).
· Jay Beagle won 7 of 8 faceoffs (87.5%).
· Matt Niskanen and Dmitry Orlov led the Capitals in hits (4).
· Nicklas Backstrom led all skaters in shots (4).
· John Carlson led the Capitals in ice time (23:07).
· The Capitals have posted a 28-6-2 record at home this season and have earned a point in 22 of their last 24 home games (12/5-3/16: 20-2-2). Washington leads the NHL in home wins this season (28) and sits two wins shy of tying the franchise record for wins at home in a season (1985-86, 2009-10: 30).
· The Capitals have earned a point in 11 of their last 15 games against the Predators (9-4-2) and six of their last seven at home against Nashville (5-1-1).
· The Capitals are 31-4-3 this season in games when they have one day of rest.
· Washington has posted a 15-7-1 record against Western Conference opponents this season, including wins in 10 of its last 16 games.
· Washington has posted a 37-7-5 record this season when scoring first and has scored first in 26 of its last 34 games (1/3-3/16).
· Washington has outscored opponents 71-31 in the first period this season and have posted a 29-4-4 record when leading after the first period.
· Tonight’s attendance was 18,506, the Capitals’ 352nd consecutive sellout at Verizon Center.
Capitals Postgame Audio
Capitals head coach Barry Trotz
Predators Postgame Audio
Predators head coach Peter Laviolette